Bluegums Cabins was set up in 2000 by Herman and Val Oosterman. After 14 years they decided it was time to retire. We were lucky enough to be camping nearby and saw the For Sale sign and 3 months after that in May 2014 we had moved to this beautiful part of the world with our little family and are looking after this wonderful business with the beautiful Lilypond and Possum Cabins.
A year later we purchased the 2 Bluegums Nests which we love too
A few years after we started managing a few other properties and currently they are The Folly and Grand View so we can now sleep up to 4 in The Folly and 9 in Grand View. A lovely story is that the owners of the Folly stayed with us in our Possum cabin for a surprise birthday weekend and loved it so much they bought the Folly and better again they let us look after it for them.
The environment and reducing our footprint is a big thing for us in everything we do
- 100% Greenpower and we now have solar panels. Grand View and Folly have solar panels too.
- 100% organic cotton towels
- Earth friendly cleaning products
- Recycled toilet paper – 100% recycled toilet paper from a company who donate 50% of profits to build toilets in the developing world. Good for your bum, Great for the world! (https://au.whogivesacrap.org/) …and they will deliver it to your door!
- Bush regeneration, lots done and lots to do….we are working through acres and acres of lantana and replanting with native plants so keep an eye on our progress over the years!
- Firewood is purchased from a sustainable forestry practice locally
We hope you love your stay here as much as we do.
Gavin, Amanda, Seamus and Setanta