COVID 19 Upate @ 21 April 2020
Here are some questions our guests have been asking more recently:
We are missing our anniversary, can we get a Gift Voucher for a future stay?
Absolutely! Please see our voucher options here
Is it appropriate to travel during this time? Aren’t ‘non-essential businesses’ closed?
Please follow the recommendations of government as regulations and measures are being updated regularly regarding the situation around COVID-19. At the time of this writing (21 April), accommodation premises such as ours have been allowed to remain open for Essential Travel.
As to whether you should travel to stay with us, we ask that you please use your good judgement and follow government guidelines.
Consider the length of your stay as longer stays may help in ensuring good physical distancing overall, we have introduced weekly rates at reduced rates for these unusual times.
We understand this is a difficult period filled with lots of uncertainty. We are committed to working with our staff and guests to ensure everyone’s safety and to provide a haven.
We have undertaken many safety and hygiene initiatives in our housekeeping procedures and within our services, including
- Self-check in and out by keylock on cabin door
- While we have always had measures to keep a high standard of cleanliness, we have recently reviewed our cleaning routine to ensure detailed sanitizing cleaning of high-touch surfaces and increased time in between each check-out and check-in.
- To comply with the government’s social distancing rules limited housekeeping services. For guests staying longer than 3 nights, on the 4th day we will deliver a service bag to your door. The bag will have all you need to replenish your supplies: fresh towels, sheets etc. Please place your wet towels etc. in empty bag and leave outside your door.
- We encourage you to bring all your food supplies from home so you do not have to stop along the way. Each cabin is fully equipped with a kitchen and bbq. (For guests staying for a week or more you can also arrange to order your groceries online from the local IGA supermarket in Dungog who can deliver to your door).
- Please note we have had to close our pool and tennis court area due to Covid-19 restrictions..
- It is respectfully requested that all potential guests follow the advice of the health authorities and refrain from visiting Bluegums if they feel at all unwell. We will be flexible with bookings and cancellations for this and other reasons related to COVID-19.
Please be assured that if the government further restricts travel or other restrictions affect your ability to stay, we will do our best to allow flexibility with bookings and cancellations.
Stay Safe and Well and we hope we can welcome you to Bluegums Cabins one day very soon.
Amanda and Gavin